JLDI Annual Meeting will be help May 1st, 2021 at 2pm at the Brady Community Center.

The discovery of an active Bald Eagle nest at Jeffrey Lake has resulted in Central adopting US Fish and Wildlife Service guidelines to help avoid interfering with the eagle’s ability to forage, nest, roost, breed, or raise young.  With regards to watercraft, those guidelines include the establishment of a 330 foot buffer around the nest within the breeding season while the nest is active.

Central personnel have installed buoys and sign posts to establish this 330’ buffer.  The sign posts will include informational signs provided by NGPC (not currently installed on the posts).  These precautions will only remain in effect until the eaglet has fledged and is capable of flight.  The chick appears to be approximately 4-6 weeks old and will likely fledge within the next 4-6 weeks.  Once fledge, the buffer will be removed.

The tree pile on turn off #1 has been closed.  The new tree pile is located on the east end of turn off #2. Please put limbs in front of or in the hole. This tree pile is for cabin owners only (No commercial tree trimmers), please follow the rules listed on the sign.

The JLDI association wants to thank Roger Wahlgren for his hard work and use of his machines.


CNPPID will no longer be issuing Permit Notices of Approval on behalf of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for shoreline work. As of January 1, 2020, Central customers will need to contact the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Nebraska regulatory office to apply for and receive these permits, which are required for any work along the shoreline. Customers are still required to contact Central BEFORE any work begins, and Central will continue to issue its own permits for purposes of ensuring compliance with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) requirements.

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Nebraska Regulatory Office
8901 South 154th St.
Omaha, NE 68138-3635
(402) 896-0896

Follow up Article:

Good news for lakeside cabin owners! The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has recently determined that maintenance, repairs, and improvements to existing shoreline protection projects can now be covered under a Corps “nationwide” permit. The nationwide permit process allows for certain activities to proceed, provided that the general or specific conditions for the general permit are met. The Corps review of this matter came about in large part as a result of Central’s decision to stop issuing permits on behalf of the Corps beginning in 2020.

Based on discussions with the Corps, it is CNPPID understanding that for shoreline work covered by the nationwide permit, rip-rap placement on Central’s lakes would no longer be subject to some of the detailed sizing requirements that has been such a burden to Central’s tenants in recent years. According to the Corps, the nationwide permit should apply in all locations where shoreline protection was in place prior to the passage of the Clean Water Act in 1972. Prior approval and confirmation from the Corps on whether or not the nationwide permit applies, and any conditions of work under the permit, is still required before any work begins.  

The Corps can be contacted regarding nationwide and other Clean Water Act permits at:
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Nebraska Regulatory Office
8901 South 154th St.
Omaha, NE 68138-3635
(402) 896-0896

Additionally, tenants and others planning to do shoreline work on Central’s lakes are reminded that they are required to contact Central before any work begins, and Central will continue to issue its own permits for purposes of ensuring compliance with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission requirements, which are separate from and in addition to any Corps requirements. If you have questions about the permitting process, or if you are need a permit from Central, please contact the Senior Land Administrator, Luke Ritz, at Central’s office in Gothenburg at (308) 537-3582.

Central’s has new permitting procedures which everyone should get familiar with.

This is the link to them on the Central website:


Here is a link which will download them directly from this page.

CNPPID Permitting Procedures 01012017

Due to the higher water level and the chance CNPPID will raise it ~6 inches higher, please try to be respectful of those folks who are dealing with flooded yard, flooded boathouses, and water over their seawalls. Try to stay on the west side of the lake or at the north end while tubing, wakebooarding, surfing and anything else which causes an unusually turbulent wake.  It is causing the already high water to rush in over docks, float boats off shore-stations and destroy property.  This is causing hard feelings and angry homeowners. Please just be respectful and pay attention to where your wake is traveling.

This was on the Nebraska Game and Parks Website and it applies to all motorized boats regardless of whether they are registered in Nebraska or not.  This article is important to those of you who license your boats out of state.  The warden will stop you and issue a citation if you do not have the sticker.  Those of us who are registered in Nebraska pay when we renew our registrations.


Beginning in 2016, all resident and non-resident boaters will be required to pay a fee to fund programs aimed at combating aquatic invasive species.

Who needs an AIS Stamp?

Boaters who register their motorized watercraft in Nebraska will notice a $5 fee added to their three-year boater registration fee. Boaters who register their motorized watercraft in any other state will be required to obtain a $15 Aquatic Invasive Species Stamp each year that they boat in Nebraska. This stamp is available for purchase online. A temporary stamp may be purchased at some state parks and recreation areas.

Below is a link for more information


The burn pile has been moved a few yards south to prevent danger to the electrical wires. Three trees were removed for further safety.  The burn pile is for 6″ limbs or smaller only.  Reminder- NO railroad ties, lawn clippings, leaves, lumber, boxes, metal or tires.  Your cooperation will be appreciated.

If you are having a tree cut down, please inform your contractor they must haul off the tree themselves.



We have noticed some folks out on the water not following the 2015 Nebraska Game and Parks Boating rules and regulations. As a refresher:
— No child age 12 or under is allowed aboard any vessel when not wearing a life preserver of suitable size, except when hunting waterfowl in an anchored boat.
— It is unlawful to travel at speeds exceeding 5 mph/no excessive wake limit in or within 30 yards of any vessel, harbor, marina, landing pier, fishing pier, anchorage, or bathing beach.
— it is unlawful to operate or be a passenger on a personal watercraft without wearing a US Coast Guard approved life jacket, regardless of age.
— it is unlawful for any boat operator, including personal watercraft, under 16 years of age to two a skier, tuber or wakeboarder etc.

Please remember in Nebraska you must be at least 14 years old to operate personal watercraft or a motorboat.

And if you were born AFTER Dec 31st, 1985, you MUST have successfully completed a Nebraska safe boater course and be in possession of a valid certificate. Non-residents must provide certification from their state of residence or another source approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators.

The Game and Parks trailer was parked at the ramp and they were out on the lake today. Be knowledgeable and be safe on the water!!

If you need to make repairs on your lot , please call JLDI first and speak with someone on the Lot committee.  The rules are strict right now and you need permission, particularly when doing work within 30 feet of the water.

If you need to work on your dock or seawall, please call DeAnna Bartruff or Luke Ritz at Central in Holdrege to get your permits!  DeAnna Bartruff office 308.995.3563 or cell 308.991.5565 dbartruff@cnppid.com or Luke Ritz cell 308-529-0009. lritz@cnppid.com  .  The board requests that if you are planning any work at all, even though you do not need a permit, that you contact Central just to make sure.