Archive for the ‘General’ Category

The burn pile has been moved a few yards south to prevent danger to the electrical wires. Three trees were removed for further safety.  The burn pile is for 6″ limbs or smaller only.  Reminder- NO railroad ties, lawn clippings, leaves, lumber, boxes, metal or tires.  Your cooperation will be appreciated.

If you are having a tree cut down, please inform your contractor they must haul off the tree themselves.



We have noticed some folks out on the water not following the 2015 Nebraska Game and Parks Boating rules and regulations. As a refresher:
— No child age 12 or under is allowed aboard any vessel when not wearing a life preserver of suitable size, except when hunting waterfowl in an anchored boat.
— It is unlawful to travel at speeds exceeding 5 mph/no excessive wake limit in or within 30 yards of any vessel, harbor, marina, landing pier, fishing pier, anchorage, or bathing beach.
— it is unlawful to operate or be a passenger on a personal watercraft without wearing a US Coast Guard approved life jacket, regardless of age.
— it is unlawful for any boat operator, including personal watercraft, under 16 years of age to two a skier, tuber or wakeboarder etc.

Please remember in Nebraska you must be at least 14 years old to operate personal watercraft or a motorboat.

And if you were born AFTER Dec 31st, 1985, you MUST have successfully completed a Nebraska safe boater course and be in possession of a valid certificate. Non-residents must provide certification from their state of residence or another source approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators.

The Game and Parks trailer was parked at the ramp and they were out on the lake today. Be knowledgeable and be safe on the water!!

If you need to make repairs on your lot , please call JLDI first and speak with someone on the Lot committee.  The rules are strict right now and you need permission, particularly when doing work within 30 feet of the water.

If you need to work on your dock or seawall, please call DeAnna Bartruff or Luke Ritz at Central in Holdrege to get your permits!  DeAnna Bartruff office 308.995.3563 or cell 308.991.5565 or Luke Ritz cell 308-529-0009.  .  The board requests that if you are planning any work at all, even though you do not need a permit, that you contact Central just to make sure.